Saturday, September 25, 2010

...Mourning

I sincerely apologize to all of you for my silence of late. The truth is, two very prominent figures in my life have passed away over the past week, and I've been having a little trouble focusing.

Last Thursday night George N. Parks passed away from a sudden heart attack. He was a man of grace, passion, and most of all, pride. I had the great fortune of spending two high school summers learning from him at his Drum Major Academy. It was because of this man that I was able to develop my leadership abilities, and his teachings still ring strongly within me whenever I am faced with an opportunity to lead others. Rest in Peace, GNP. With Pride.

Myself, George N. Parks, and my co-Drum Majors Sean and Ryan at DMA 2007

Last night I received a call from my father. He was regrettably informing me that my grandmother had passed away. You all remember, I'm sure, my recent post about her museum of a house and how I so enjoy being there with her. Due to complications while in the hospital, MeeMaw contracted an infection that spread from her lungs throughout her body, and is now no longer with us. She was a wonderful and loving woman, and I never heard her say a harsh word to anyone. Her love of life and her family will remain with me always, and I hope she finds peace in her eternal life. With love, MeeMaw. Doobie doobie doo!


My father, myself (holding Ranger), MeeMaw, and my brother Ian, in Texas for Christmas 2009
 

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I am sorry for your losses. :( Hugs! <3

    -Natalie

    ReplyDelete